Tismo offers you the perfect blend of firmware development and embedded system expertise to ensure product success. We offer a spectrum of embedded software services including embedded system architecture, custom embedded system development, next-gen technology adoption, firmware development services, middleware development and usability engineering for GUI design.
Leverage the Tismo team to rapidly develop firmware for new circuitry and custom CPU/MCU implementations. We build highly inter-operable embedded software solutions for consumer electronics, IoT, test and measurement equipment, industrial instruments and healthcare products.
We employ rapid prototyping methods to develop a more robust product or device with fewer false starts. We adopt an incremental development approach to discover and test novel solutions. Our expertise across software and hardware enables us to optimally use hardware resources and design solutions that ensure memory saving and power saving.
We excel at end-to-end embedded systems development, from concept to design and prototyping. Or we’ll help you fix a thorny problem. Contact us to discuss how we can best support your specific situation.
We develop code for hardware that is still in development. The Tismo team is intimately familiar with interfacing to hardware and loves bare-metal programming. We have deep expertise with many microprocessors and microcontrollers. Our most recent projects used ARM, ColdFire, 68HC12, MSP430, 8051, AVR, and 68HCS08 systems.
We have developed firmware for:
- Fiber-optic networking
- Medical instrumentation
- Measurement devices
- Process control
- IoT Sensors, Gateways, Networks
Measurement and Control
Tismo develops custom embedded software for a wide range of microcontroller (MCU) and digital signal processors (DSP). Our engineering experience includes ARM7, Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, ARM9, AVR, AVR32, MSP430, Microchip, Renesas, Fujitsu and more.
Leverage our expertise in developing firmware for high sensitivity measurement instruments like flow measurement, gas analysis, temperature, humidity, pH, speed, water quality, spectrometers, and liquid and gas chromatography systems.
Our strengths span sensor integration, development of high speed data acquisition systems, filtering, complex signal processing, motor control and single and multi loop PID controllers.
We architect systems that are robust and maintainable for all-time all-weather use cases. We employ unit, system and integration testing along with continuous integration to make sure the code base stays healthy throughout development.
Embedded Linux Services
We design and develop custom embedded Linux drivers, board support packages and firmware for domains including Wearable Electronics, IoT, Industrial automation, Medical Electronics and measurement systems. Our range of embedded Linux services include Linux porting, embedded Linux BSP, middleware, embedded applications development on various ARM, PowerPC and x86 platforms.
Our embedded Linux services include:
- Linux Driver Development, porting Linux, X-Windows, GTK, QT and KDE to ARM, PowerPC, MIPS and x86 based hardware
- Linux boot-loader for various architecture
- Embedded Linux APIs
- BSPs and Device Drivers for other Linux variants (Yocto, Debian, Arago)
- Peripheral integration for various type of interfaces including high-speed and low speed interconnects and Linux based GUI
- Graphics and multimedia hardware accelerator development
The Tismo team has an in-depth understanding of advanced mathematics, required to model real world systems. We develop and deploy complex algorithms that embed intelligence in smart devices.
Our team is well versed in algorithms like extended Kalman filter-based sensor fusion algorithms, signal windowing for discrete Fourier transforms, sliding mode nonlinear controllers, and backpropagation learning for neural networks.
We develop firmware and low-level software for microprocessor based products. We enable the custom functionality on standard commercial boards and fully customized hardware devices.
Our expertise in embedded software enables the rapid development of ad-hoc network protocols for specific customer needs, including protocols specifically suited to high-throughput networks, large & distributed networks. We have experience developing application layers over IEEE 802.15.4, WMBUS network protocols.
Leverage our experience in developing ZigBee compliant networks, interface layers and standard hardware resources to build smart products.
We have experience with FreeRTOS-based systems, analog/digital converters (ADCs), external memories, aggressive low-power applications, and RF transceivers in ultra-low power modes.
Our offerings include:
- AES-secured systems
- Network service daemons
- Proprietary applications
- Driver development for standard or proprietary interfaces
- Network application development
- Network management and switching solutions: Wi-Fi, Internet, TCP/IP, BT/BLE
- Deep packet inspection (DPI)
- Zigbee Z-wave, SigFox, LORA – Long Range Low Power Communication Fabrics
- Board Bring-up, BSP, Device Driver and Firmware Development
- OS Porting – Android, Linux, Windows, QNX
- New Processor Platform Adoption / Firmware Migration
- Performance Tuning – Latency, Boot-time, Throughput
- Power, performance and footprint Optimization
- Security and software updates over the air (OTA)
- Embedded Systems UI Design and Usability Engineering
- Communication Protocol Stack development/integration
- Device/Protocol Simulation
- Application Development
- Third-party Module Integration
- Certification support – CE, FCC, UL, EMI / EMC, FDA
Signal processing and analysis, PID control
Real time embedded systems, Embedded Windows, Linux, Android
OPC/UA, EtherCAT, Fieldbus, Modbus, CANbus, HART, IEC 61850
Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, BT/BLE, Zigbee Z-wave, SigFox, LORA